Universal Parts: Forged Knuckles
The FreightCar America Parts ‘Diamond’ Forged Knuckle for Type E and E/F Couplers has been M-216 Certified by the Association of American Railroads Coupling System and Truck Castings Committee.
Service disruptions due to knuckle failures can cost railroads over $10,000 per event in hours and material. Our Diamond Knuckle minimizes failures and replacements, and it will keep your trains moving with increased reliability and fewer disruptions. Our Diamond Knuckle is uniquely stronger than cast knuckles in a number of areas, while still performing as the key fuse in the coupling system.
Key features and advantages:
- 100% forged from a single piece of steel
- Innovative, patent-pending design
- Weight parity with castings
- Over 2.2 million fatigue cycles in testing: 3.7x the AAR minimum
- Over two years of global heavy-freight service
- Meets or exceeds all AAR specifications
- Reduced slack design
Please submit the form below and one of our Customer Service Reps will respond soon or give us a call at 844.322.9378. We are ready to help!